Asthma is definitely an inflammatory disease from the airway and mainly comes from allergies.
Asthma is really a chronic condition relating to the respiratory system by which one experiences difficulty breathing. Asthma is definitely an inflammatory disease from the airway and mainly comes from allergies. A few of the common characteristics or the signs of asthma are recurrent difficulty in breathing, breathlessness, wheezing, chest tightness, coughing etc…
Reasons for Asthma
The reason for asthma is unknown till date. It is also not fully understood why asthma happens in some although not in others. Asthma symptoms vary with time, and also vary from one individual to a different. Some common reasons for asthma are allergens from nature like house dust mite and cockroach, grass, pollen, foods, climatic changes, animals like cats, dogs etc.
Dietary Ayurvedic Strategy to Asthma
This type of asthma treatment offers quite a bit to do with dietary restrictions. For instance, for asthmatics, cold drinks and food should be avoided completely. Cold food might block the airway causing further difficulty in breathing. Moreover, you ought to be able to resolve on foods causing allergy symptoms and avoid them completely. It’s also wise to refrain from eating late in to the night, because this slows down the digestion process. Based on ayurvedic sciences, a slow digestive process leads to the built-up of poisons in the body. The existence of toxins may aggravate the problem.
Natural herbs utilized in the Ayurvedic approach to cure Asthma
- Flax seed
- Antalkali ginger
They are herbs and remedies which are readily available and simply affordable in health food shops or Asian grocers and may be taken raw orally or could be added to cooking. These herbs help combat poor digestion, sneezing and also the production of excessive phlegm and mucous, and therefore are rejuvenating agents which raise the lungs and provide them longevity.
Too be able to ingest these herbs orally, most of the above herbal treatments can benefit the sufferer if ingested via a water pipe or by bathing inside them.
- Treating asthma consists within the employment of remedies to allay the paroxysms, as well as in the adoption of measures prone to prevent the recurrence.
- Based on Ayurveda, the asthma of latest origin may be treatable effectively but when it becomes chronic, it may only be managed. It’s not the drug alone that may give respite from asthma but regulating diet and also the change of conceptual thinking may also play an excellent role. Together with proper medication and treatments for eating and living, asthmatics could possibly get better and fast results.
- During an acute attack, a hot chest and shoulder pack, repeatedly given every 30 minutes, will have a sedative effect upon the nerves along with a relaxing influence generally, giving the fastest and most satisfactory relief.
- Hot milk or warm water when sipped slowly and gradually, provides immediate respite from the attack. The inhalation of steam-laden air might be provided by utilizing an ordinary teakettle, attaching a funnel towards the spout, and inhaling in the upper wide end from the cone. This is effective in relieving spasms. In lots of acute attacks, relief is going to be found in an easy hot hand-bath or hot foot-bath (immersing hands or feet as much as the elbows or knees).
- Concussion towards the cervical vertebrae in the fourth towards the seventh for 6 to 8 minutes with half minute interruptions every minute is great to relieve attacks.
- A creeping plant referred to as somalataa (Ephedra vulgaris) is found to become highly efficacious in relieving asthma. This grows in western Himalayas by the bucket load and is submitted hundreds of tonnes to western countries where ephedrine is ready from it. The powder produced from the whole plant, after drying within the shade and it is given in the dosage of 100 to 250 milligrams, combined with honey or water in the intervals of 8 to 4 hours.
- During the time of a full attack, wrapping a hot brick inside a rough cloth after which giving dry fomentation by using it to the chest is located to be beneficial in asthma. Smearing chandanaadi oil after which giving heat fomentation can also be good. Turmeric paste used as poultice around the chest or warming the chest area with it is extremely soothing.
- Throughout an acute attack of asthma, drink some warm water with the juice of 1 clove of garlic.
- Mustard oil (sarason) is a great remedy. Have a spoonful with jaggery, twice daily.
- Smoke leaf of Datura stramonium (dhatura). This provides instant relief but needs medical supervision.